Monday – Thursday
7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
*Closed on statutory holidays
Want to know more about our process? Got questions about shipping and delivery times? Ready to start?
Request a Quote
Send us Your drawings and we’ll send you a detailed breakdown of materials and cost in 3 business days.
No drawings? No problem. Send us a detailed list of the materials you’re looking for and we’ll provide a quote within 3 business days.
Quotes guarantee your price for up to 31 days.
Are you passionate about providing premium material to builders? Are you a talented home or cottage designer? Great North Building Supplies is a growing business located in the heart of Parry Sound, Ontario. It is one of the best places on earth to live, play, and work.
Below is a listing of our current job openings. Click an opening to learn more and fill out the following form to apply! Don’t see anything for you? Apply anyway! We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join our team.
Architectual & 3D Design Technician
Full Time - Permanent
Weekdays, Day Shift
Benefits: Dental Care, Extended Health Care, Life Insurance, Casual Dress, On-Site Parking
Great North Building Supplies specializes in the design and construction of residential and seasonal homes, cottages, garages and bunkies. We are seeking a motivated and qualified Junior Architectural Technologist to be located at our Peterborough location to start as soon as possible. This position will begin with 3D modeling, and grow into technical drawing and design.
- Prepare 3D video walkthroughs from existing technical drawings
- Prepare technical drawings using AutoCad for a variety of projects (residential, seasonal, garages, bunkies, etc.)
- Ensure that drawings conform to specs, design data, timing and budget.
- Assist Management team with meeting the mutually agreed upon goals to ensure client satisfaction
- Proactively resolve issues related to design and build of project.
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduated with a diploma or degree from a 3 year Architectural Technology Program – recent graduates are welcome to apply, but they must have very strong knowledge with the Ontario Building Code
- Possess strong technical and wood frame construction knowledge.
- Advanced computer skills – Office Suite, ability to learn new softwares
- Extremely strong knowledge of Auto-Cad, SketchUp, Enscape, Office Suite
- Competent and up to date understanding of the Ontario Building Code
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Experience with Saphire software or wall and/or truss design an asset